Tzatziki, a yogurt based sauce from the Mediterranean, is creamy, tangy, and herby, and the perfect accompaniment to a vegetable-packed pita sandwich. You can buy tzatziki premade in the refrigerated section of your grocery store or you can make your own. In this recipe, we use premade meatballs for a flavorful protein that requires little preparation. Cucumber, red onion, tomato, and lettuce add freshness and crunchiness to this flavorful sandwich.
Greek Meatball Pita Pockets
- 2 (5 oz) packages vacuum sealed meatballs
- 1 large pita, halved
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 large lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup tzatziki
1) Place meatballs in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and place in the bottom zone of your Suvie. Wrap pita in foil and place a Suvie pan in the top zone of your Suvie. Enter cook settings, and cook Now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 160°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 160°F for 1 hour
2) Just before serving, season tomato, red onion, and cucumber with salt and pepper.
3) Once the meatballs have finished cooking, remove from packaging and pat dry. Cut meatballs in half. Remove pita from foil and cut in half. Stuff each pita with half the lettuce, meatballs, cucumber, tomato, onion, and tzatziki.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 490, Total Fat 29g, Total Carbohydrates 32g, Total Sodium 720mg, Total Protein 24g