This one-pan mashed potato dish frees up plenty of counter and stove-top space, making it a great space-saving recipe when cooking for a larger group. And, as a bonus it makes some pretty tasty taters too. Baby gold potatoes are first roasted in a fragrant blend of fresh herbs and garlic until tender-crisp. Then cream and butter is added to the pan, and returned to your Suvie for a final roast. Once everything is warm and tender, the potatoes are mashed until smooth and creamy.
Herb Roasted Mashed Potatoes
- 1 ½ lbs baby yukon gold potatoes
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp chopped fresh sage
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1) Place 1 ½ lbs baby potatoes, 1 tsp rosemary, 1 tsp thyme, 1 tsp sage, 4 minced garlic cloves, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 ½ tsp salt, and 1 tsp black pepper in a large bowl, and toss to coat. Transfer the potatoes and any residual oil and seasonings to a Suvie pan and place in the bottom zone of your Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 350°F for 40 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 350°F for 40 minutes
2) After the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie. Add ½ cup of heavy cream and ½ cup butter, and return the pan to the bottom zone of your Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 350°F for 20 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 350°F for 20 minutes
3) After the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie, and test the potatoes for doneness by poking some of the larger potatoes with a fork. If tender, transfer all of the contents, potatoes and liquid, to a large bowl. If the potatoes are still firm, return to your Suvie and roast for another 10-15 minutes.
4) Slowly begin smashing the potatoes using a potato masher, going slowly to keep the hot liquid from splashing. Once most of the potatoes have been smashed, mash the potatoes more firmly until smooth and combined.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 298, Total Fat 24g, Total Carbohydrates 22g, Total Sodium 731mg, Total Protein 3g.