For an easy and delicious dinner that comes together easily, try our recipe for hoisin salmon with bok choy. Juicy, rich salmon filets are topped with hoisin sauce for a sweet and salty finish. It’s served alongside tender bok choy and fluffy white rice for a healthy and satisfying meal.
Hoisin Salmon with Bok Choy
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 (6 oz) skinless, salmon filets
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 8 oz bok choy, rinsed, cut into ½-inch pieces, stems and leaves separated
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
1) Place 1 cup jasmine rice in the Suvie rice pot (black handles) and cover pot with lid. Place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Rice, Long Grain, 1 Cup
2) Pat salmon dry and place in a greased Suvie roasting rack set within a Suvie pan (for Suvie 3.0, ensure the handles are facing down). Season salmon lightly with kosher salt and brush with half the hoisin sauce. Place salmon in the bottom zone of Suvie.
3) Place bok choy stems in a second Suvie pan. Drizzle with 1 tsp sesame oil and 1/2 tsp salt. Place pan in the top zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule,
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 10 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 12 minutes
4) Remove pans from Suvie. Brush salmon with remaining hoisin sauce and set aside to cool. Stir bok choy leaves into the stems and return to Suvie. Broil for 5 minutes or until leaves are wilted.
5) Fluff rice with a fork. Remove bok choy from Suvie. Divide rice, bok choy, and salmon between plates and garnish with sesame seeds.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 720, Total Fat 18g, Total Carbohydrates 128g, Total Sodium 1270mg, Total Protein 43g