A little sweet with a little heat, hot honey is the perfect condiment for juicy chicken thighs. We serve the thighs with corn grits studded with sweet corn kernels and finish it all off with a shower of fresh green chives. We like the straightforward flavor of the corn without adding any dairy, but a knob of soft butter or a dollop of sour cream stirred into the grits will add additional creaminess.
Hot Honey Chicken with Sweet Corn Grits
- 1 cup medium ground corn grits
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup corn kernels, defrosted if frozen
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced fresh chives
1) Place 1 cup corn grits and 1 tsp salt in the Suvie rice pot (black handles) and place in the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input the following settings and cook now.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Grains, Polenta, 1 cup
2) In a small bowl, stir together 2 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp sriracha. Season 4 chicken thighs with salt and pepper and arrange on a grease Suvie roasting rack set within a Suvie pan. Brush half the hot honey over the chicken thighs. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie.
3) In a second Suvie pan, arrange 1 cup corn kernels in an even layer and drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil. Place pan in the top zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 375°F for 45 minutes
Top Zone: Broil for 20 minutes
4) Once the grits are done cooking, remove from the Suvie Starch Cooker and whisk vigorously to incorporate. Stir in the corn kernels. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and chop into pieces.
5) Divide grits between bowls, top with chicken, and drizzle with remaining hot honey. Garnish with 2 tsp minced fresh chives just before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 370, Total Fat 7g, Total Carbohydrates 43g, Total Sodium 200mg, Total Protein 32g.