Tired of sad, dry chicken breasts? Use Suvie to perfectly sous vide your chicken for juicy and delicious chicken every time. Have a little less time on your hands? Suvie can also roast chicken breasts to perfection. For a complete list of all Suvie chicken recipes, click here.
How to Sous Vide Chicken Breasts in Suvie
Chicken breasts benefit from a low sous vide temperature to avoid drying out. We prefer bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts for the most flavor and for additional moisture. Our preferred temperature to sous vide chicken breasts is 155°F, but reference the chart below to pick the temperature that’s right for you. We recommend sous viding for 1 to 3 hours depending on your schedule.
1) Vacuum seal your chicken breasts, place in a Suvie pan, and cover completely with water.
2) Select “Sous Vide” on the display screen.
3) The best temperature to sous vide chicken breasts is between 150°F and 165°F for 1 to 3 hours. Select the time and temperature.
4) Input settings, and cook now or schedule. If cooking from frozen, be sure to select “Yes” when asked if cooking from frozen.
|150°F||1-3 hours||Very juicy, soft and tender|
|155°F||1-3 hours||Very juicy, tender|
|160°F||1-3 hours||Firm and juicy|
|165°F||1-3 hours||Very tender, but less juicy|
5) After cooking, pour off water from pans, and remove chicken breasts from vacuum packaging.
6) If using skin-on chicken breasts, pat chicken dry and broil in Suvie or sear in a smoking hot cast iron skillet until browned, if desired.
How to Roast Chicken Breasts in Suvie
The simplest way to roast chicken breasts in Suvie is to season them with olive oil, kosher salt, and black pepper, and arrange on a Suvie roasting rack. For step by step instructions, follow this recipe. We recommend the following settings for 1″ thick boneless, skinless chicken breasts set on a greased Suvie roasting rack, being sure to rotate the pan halfway through cooking:
– Roast at 375°F for 24 minutes
Slow Cooking Chicken Breasts
While chicken breasts may not be the first ingredient that comes to mind when slow cooking, they can be made luscious and juicy if cooked in broth or sauce, adding additional moisture to this lean protein. We recommend slow cooking on low for 1 to 2 hours for best results. Try our recipe for chicken and rice soup or chicken and dumplings to get started.