Cooking potatoes is easy with the Suvie Starch Cooker. Whether you want to cook Yukon golds, russets, red bliss, or baby potatoes, Suvie’s Starch Cooker can prepare them all. Follow the steps below for perfect potatoes every time. Serve with White Wine Braised Chicken, Lamb Shanks, or the protein of your choice.
How to Cook Potatoes in Suvie Starch Cooker
- 1 ½ b yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tbsp salted butter. softened
- 1 tsp minced fresh herbs such as thyme, rosemary, or sage
1) Fill the water reservoir located on top of the Suvie Starch Cooker to the 3 liter line.
2) Place potatoes in the strainer insert with 1 tbsp kosher salt, place the strainer insert into the pasta pot (green handles), and place the pot lid on top of the pot.
3) Lift the door to the Suvie starch cooker. Place the pasta pot on the hot plate inside with the handle facing the back of the appliance. Close the door to the starch cooker.
4) Select “Cook” on the display screen of the appliance and select “Potatoes”. Choose “Cut Potatoes” and set to cook for 20 minutes. Ensure the drain tray is in place and hit “Cook” or “Schedule”.
5) After your potatoes are done cooking, remove from starch cooker and stir in 4 tbsp softened butter, 1 tsp minced fresh herbs, ¼ tsp ground black pepper, and salt to taste.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 230, Total Fat 12g, Total Carbohydrates 29g, Total Sodium 590mg, Total Protein 4g.