These fully loaded lettuce wraps bring the taste of the tropics to your home. Jerk seasoning, which is easily found in the spice aisle at your grocery store, is a combination of sweet and savory herbs and spices. Boneless skinless chicken breasts are coated in the spice blend and slow cooked in a broth of ginger beer, vinegar, and soy sauce. The chicken is then tucked into tender bibb lettuce leaves with cabbage slaw, pineapple, mango, cilantro, and peanuts. The reserved cooking liquid subs as a tasty dipping sauce as well!
Jerk Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp jerk seasoning
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup ginger beer
- 16 bibb lettuce leaves
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 cup diced mango
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 4 tbsp roasted peanuts
1) Place chicken breasts on a plate and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle jerk seasoning over the chicken and, using your hands, coat the chicken in the spices.
2) Divide soy sauce, vinegar, ginger beer, and seasoned chicken between two Suvie pans. Place pans in the top two zones of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook
Low, 2 hours
3) After the cook, remove the pans from your Suvie. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and slice or shred into bite-sized pieces. Reserve cooking liquid to use as a dipping sauce.
4) Divide lettuce leaves between 4 plates, stacking the leaves in piles of 2. Top lettuce with coleslaw mix, chicken, pineapple, mango, cilantro, and peanuts. Serve with reserved cooking liquid on the side for dipping.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 455 Total Fat 21g, Total Carbohydrates 28g, Total Sodium 662mg, Total Protein 37g