If you love the combination of salty and sweet, then these cookie bars are for you. Jam packed with chocolate, toffee, potato chips, and nuts, you can adapt these bars in countless ways. The trick is to keep an even mix of salty and sweet additions. Substitute dried fruit, chopped candy bars, M&Ms, sweetened coconut flakes, or white chocolate chips for all or some of the toffee and milk chocolate chips. In place of the kettle chips and cashews, you could use mini pretzels, corn nuts, or other roasted, salted nuts.
Kitchen Sink Cookie Bars
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp malted milk powder, optional
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup crushed potato chips, preferably kettle
- ¼ cup toffee bits
- ¼ cup chopped salted cashews
1) Line a greased Suvie pan with parchment and lightly mist the parchment with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 ½ cups all purpose flour, ½ tsp baking soda, 1 tbsp malted milk powder (if using) and ½ tsp kosher salt.
2) In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine 6 tbsp softened butter, ½ cup dark brown sugar, and ½ cup granulated sugar on low speed. Increase to medium and beat until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes, scraping down the bowl as needed.
3) Turn off mixer and add ½ cup creamy peanut butter, 2 eggs, and 2 tsp vanilla extract. Return mixer to medium speed and beat together until airy and light, about 2 minutes more.
4) With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture and mix until just combined, about 30 seconds. Remove the bowl from mixer and use a rubber spatula to fold in ¼ cup milk chocolate chips, ¼ cup crushed kettle chips, ¼ cup toffee bits, and ¼ cup chopped salted cashews.
5) Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and press into an even layer with damp fingers. Cover pan with foil and place in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now. Remove foil when there are 15 minutes remaining.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 400°F for 60 minutes
Top Zone: None
6) Remove pan from Suvie and allow bars to cool in the pan until room temperature, about 1 hour, before slicing and serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (12 servings per recipe): Calories 280, Total Fat 12g, Total Carbohydrates 37g, Total Sodium 150mg, Total Protein 5g.