These burger sliders are equally adorable and delicious. Merguez lamb sausage makes for a tasty alternative to ground beef burger patties. The merguez lamb links come pre-seasoned with a fab combination of harissa, garlic, and cumin. We paired these heartily spiced patties with a cooling garlic-mint aioli for palate balance. Some peppery baby arugula and sweet-tart peppadew (or piquillo) peppers add fun pops of flavor and texture.
Lamb Sausage Sliders with Garlic-Mint Aioli
- 8 oz merguez lamb sausage
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 6 slider roll or dinner rolls, split and toasted
- 1 cup baby arugula
- ¼ cup chopped peppadew or piquillo peppers
1) Remove casings from the sausages (if needed) and discard. Portion 8 oz ground sausage into 6 small, even patties. Drizzle one of your Suvie pans with 2 tsp olive oil and add the patties to the pan. Place the pan in the bottom zone of your Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Broil at 500°F for 10 minutes
Top Zone: Broil at 500°F for 0 minutes
2) While the patties are broiling, place ¼ cup mayonnaise, 1 minced garlic clove, 2 tsp lemon juice, and 2 tbsp chopped mint in a medium bowl, whisk to combine the aioli, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3) After the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie. Divide lamb sausage patties between the 6 toasted slider rolls, and top with aioli, 1 cup arugula, and ¼ cup chopped peppers.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 622, Total Fat 25g, Total Carbohydrates 68g, Total Sodium 1055mg, Total Protein 24g.