This lemon garlic chicken is delicious, yet simple to prepare. Sous viding the chicken in a mixture of garlic, lemon, and olive oil produces a highly flavorful oil that can be whipped into a vinaigrette for use on rice, grains, greens, or vegetables. We have paired our chicken with brown rice, but bulgur, couscous, or barley would make great substitutes. You could, however, forgo the grains altogether and serve the chicken over mesclun mix or cabbage slaw. Take this recipe and use it as a building block in your next great meal.
Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 2 (7 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 large garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 tsp minced fresh herbs such as rosemary, thyme, parsley, or dill
1) Pat chicken dry and season liberally with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Cut four thin rounds from the lemon. Vacuum seal chicken with olive oil, garlic, and lemon slices. Place chicken in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 160°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: None
2) Place 1 cup rice in the Suvie rice pot (black handles) and cover pot with lid. Place pot inside the Suvie starch cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Rice, Brown, 1 Cup
3) After the cook, transfer chicken to a cutting board and pour liquid from vacuum bag into a large bowl, discard garlic cloves and lemon slices. Juice half the remaining fresh lemon into the bowl and then whisk to create a vinaigrette.
4) Fluff rice with a fork, and season to taste with vinaigrette, salt, and pepper. Divide rice between plates. Cut chicken into slices, divide between plates, and garnish with minced fresh herbs. Serve with extra vinaigrette on the side.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe) includes 2 tbsp vinaigrette: Calories 430, Total Fat 12g, Total Carbohydrates 54g, Total Sodium 240mg, Total Protein 26g