This delicious dish marries sweet and briny cod with a lemony, garlic-caper sauce. A side of simply roasted zucchini and onion round out this elegant weekday meal. Our filet was particularly large (1 ½ inches thick). If you have smaller cod filets, you may want to knock a couple minutes off the overall cooking time.
Lemon Garlic Cod with Roast Vegetables
- 1 lb cod skinless cod filet
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus 1 tbsp divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp finely chopped capers
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1) Pat cod dry and season with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Arrange cod on a greased roasting rack set within a Suvie pan.
2) In a small bowl, stir together 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 minced garlic cloves, ½ tsp lemon zest, and 1 tsp capers. Spoon mixture over the cod. Place cod in the bottom zone of Suvie.
3) In a separate Suvie pan, stir together 2 chopped zucchini, ½ onion, 1 tbsp remaining olive oil, ½ tsp kosher salt, ½ tsp ground black pepper, and ¼ tsp red pepper flakes. Place pan in the top zone of Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 350°F for 20 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 20 minutes
4) Remove pans from Suvie. Divide cod into 4 portions and serve with roasted zucchini and onions. Drizzle each serving with fresh lemon juice just before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 170, Total Fat 8g, Total Carbohydrates 3g, Total Sodium 370mg, Total Protein 21g.
It’s a very light dish. Perfect for a snack or if you’re on a diet. Personally I would add a bit more spice when seasoning.