This dish is a bright and lemony alternative to classic baked pasta meals. Lemon zest adds citrusy flavors to rich ricotta, earthy spinach, and tender penne. We top the baked pasta with a crisp blend of breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil. Be sure to watch the topping closely while broiling to avoid burning.
Lemony Ricotta Penne Bake
- 12 oz penne pasta
- 10 oz frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1 cup ricotta, full fat
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp olive oil
1) Place 12 oz penne pasta in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles). Cover with the lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Pasta, 4 cups, 10 minutes
2) In a large bowl, stir together 10 oz defrosted spinach, 1 cup ricotta, 2 tsp lemon zest, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp ground black pepper.
3) Once the penne is done cooking, add pasta to the bowl with the spinach ricotta mixture along with ¼ cup pasta water (or tap water). Stir to fully incorporate and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4) Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray and transfer penne to prepared pan. Place in the bottom zone of Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes
Top Zone: None
5) While the penne bakes, stir together ½ cup panko, ¼ shredded Parmesan cheese, ¼ tsp ground black pepper, and 2 tsp olive oil in a small bowl; set aside.
6) Remove penne from Suvie and sprinkle panko mixture over the top. Return pan to Suvie and broil 4-6 minutes, or until browned, stirring panko gently halfway through for even browning. Return from Suvie, divide between plates and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 520, Total Fat 14g, Total Carbohydrates 75g, Total Sodium 230mg, Total Protein 23g.