This is a lightning-fast recipe perfect for busy weeknights when you want a delicious dinner on the table in under 30 minutes. Spice blends like garam masala are the ideal seasoning when you’re short on time, but want to maximize flavor. We serve the salmon with a cucumber salad that echoes many of the same flavors found in a traditional raita sauce.
Masala Salmon with Cucumber Salad
- 2 (5 oz) salmon filets
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 pieces naan, to serve
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or mint
- 2 tbsp full fat yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 Persian cucumbers
- 1 tbsp salted butter, melted, optional
1) Pat salmon filets dry and season with 2 tsp garam masala, ½ tsp kosher salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper. Place salmon filets on a greased roasting rack (handles up) and place in the bottom zone of Suvie. Cut naan so it will fit in a Suvie pan, wrap in foil, and place in the top zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now, rotating the pan halfway through.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 325°F for 18 minutes
Top Zone: Bake at 300°F for 10 minutes
2) While the salmon cooks, prepare the cucumber salad. In a medium bowl, stir together 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, 2 tbsp yogurt, 1 tsp lemon juice, and 1 pinch of salt. Chop the cucumber and add to the yogurt mixture, stirring to coat. Season to taste and salt and pepper and set aside.
3) After the salmon has finished cooking, remove from Suvie and divide between plates with the cucumber salad. Brush naan with butter, if using, and divide between plates. Serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 700, Total Fat 38g, Total Carbohydrates 52g, Total Sodium 1290mg, Total Protein 37g.