Banana peppers, also known as yellow wax peppers, are mild, crisp, and tangy. The lack of heat makes banana peppers perfect for picky palates. In this easy recipe we stuff banana peppers with Suvie’s Italian meatballs, slow cook until tender, and then top with cheese and broil until bubbling. We’ve intentionally kept the ingredient list short, but feel free to build on this recipe by adding other flavors to the meatball mixture in Step 3 such as red pepper flakes, lemon zest, chopped mint, or fennel seeds.
Meatball Stuffed Peppers
- 4 banana peppers
- 9 oz meatballs, vacuum-sealed
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese
1) Cut banana peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Arrange peppers in a Suvie pan and insert into the top left zone of your Suvie.
2) Place meatballs in a separate Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 165°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes
Vegetable: 15 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
3) In a large bowl stir together ¼ cup water and tomato paste until smooth.
After the cook, remove meatballs from packaging and transfer to bowl with tomato paste.
Mash lightly to incorporate.
4) Season banana pepper halves with salt and then fill with meatball mixture and top with cheese.
Return pan to your Suvie and broil for 10 minutes, or until cheese is browned and bubbling.
Divide peppers between plates and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 450, Total Fat 29g, Total Carbohydrates 18g, Total Sodium 560mg, Total Protein 28g