Miso paste and coconut milk are pantry powerhouses because they’re packed with flavor and have a long shelf life. They’re perfect staples for utilizing when you’re short on ingredients, but still want a delicious meal. In this recipe we combine the miso paste and coconut milk for a simple sauce that’s ideal over juicy, perfectly cooked chicken. We liked sugar snap peas for their sweetness in contrast to the savory sauce, but green beans or baby bok choy would also make a great side.
Miso Coconut Chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz sugar snap peas, about 2 cups
- ½ cup jasmine rice
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp minced cilantro, optional
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
1) Season chicken breasts with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Vacuum seal chicken and place in a Suvie pan. Cover chicken completely with water and place in the bottom zone of Suvie.
2) Pour 1/3 cup water into a second Suvie pan and place roasting rack, handles side up, in the pan. Place sugar snap peas on the roasting rack and place Suvie pan in the top zone of Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 160°F for 1 hour, 30 minutes
Top Zone: Steam 15 minutes
3) Place 1/2 cup jasmine rice in the Suvie rice pot (black handles) and cover pot with lid. Place pot inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Rice, Long Grain, 1/2 cup
4) Meanwhile, whisk together miso paste and coconut milk in a medium bowl until smooth. Season to taste with ground black pepper. Set aside at room temperature.
5) After the cook, remove chicken from the Suvie pan, remove from packaging, and cut into bite-size pieces. Fluff rice with a fork. Divide rice and sugar snap peas between plates. Toss chicken with coconut miso sauce and then divide between plates, drizzling extra sauce over each serving. Garnish with cilantro and peanuts.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 584, Total Fat 22.5g, Total Carbohydrates 55g, Total Sodium 1107mg, Total Protein 41g