Looking for a back to school treat that packs well in a lunchbox? These fun and festive M&M bars are just the ticket. There are lots of delicious M&M varieties that would work great in this recipe from peanut butter to caramel to dark chocolate almond. Use any type of M&M you like, but keep nut allergies in mind when selecting your confection of choice; stick to the classic variety or nut-free M&Ms if sending these to school.
M&M Cookie Bars
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup M&Ms
1) Line a Suvie pan with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together ¼ cup melted butter, ½ cup packed brown sugar, ½ tsp salt, 1 large egg, and 2 tsp vanilla extract until smooth.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 ½ cups all purpose flour, 1 ½ tsp baking powder, and ¼ tsp baking soda. Stir flour mixture into wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in M&Ms until incorporated. Spread batter into prepared pan, pressing down with a rubber spatula into a flat layer. Insert pan into the top of your Suvie. Input settings and cook until golden brown and fragrant.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes
Top Zone: Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes
3) After the cook, remove Suvie pan from your Suvie and transfer to a wire rack. Cool 15 minutes, then remove from pan and allow to cool completely. Cut into squares and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (8 servings per recipe): Calories 334, Total Fat 16g, Total Carbohydrates 40g, Total Sodium 193mg, Total Protein 5g.