Whether you choose to sit back with a slice of morning glory bread and a cup of coffee or eat it on the go, this quick bread is sure to get your day started off on the right foot. We’ve chosen tart cranberries and crunchy pecans for this recipe, but feel free to substitute your favorite nuts and dried fruits in equal amounts if desired. Double the recipe and slice the loaves for a no-fuss freezer-friendly breakfast down the road.
Morning Glory Quick Bread
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ½ cup grated apple
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp orange zest, from about 1 orange
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp orange juice
1) Grease a Suvie pan with butter and line with parchment. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, combine 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour, 1 ½ tsp baking powder, ½ tsp ground cinnamon, ½ tsp ground ginger, ¼ tsp ground nutmeg, ¼ tsp kosher salt, ½ cup grated carrot, ½ cup grated apple, ⅓ cup chopped pecans, ⅓ cup dried cranberries, and 1 tbsp orange zest. Mix on low until the carrot and apple pieces are fully coated in flour, about 1 minute.
2) In a medium bowl, combine 2 large eggs, 2 tbsp olive oil, and 2 tbsp orange juice. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, and mix with the paddle attachment on low until the ingredients are fully incorporated, about 1 minute.
3) Transfer the batter to the parchment lined Suvie pan and evenly distribute the mixture with a spatula. Load the batter into the bottom of your Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 325°F for 30 minutes
Top Zone: Bake at 325°F for 0 minutes
4) After the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie. Let the quick bread cool completely before slicing.
Nutritional Information per serving (8 servings per recipe): Calories 237, Total Fat 7.2g, Total Carbohydrates 32.7g, Total Sodium 153mg, Total Protein 5g