This short rib dish is brimming with umami-rich flavor thanks to the addition of cremini and porcini mushrooms. Creminis add texture while porcinis pack tons of savory flavor. Slow cooking the short ribs in the mushroom soaking liquid, red wine, and garlic makes them tender, rich, and irresistibly delicious. We reduce the cooking liquid on the stove top for a rich sauce to top our egg noodles.
Mushroom Braised Short Rib
- 24 oz short ribs
- ½ oz dried porcini mushrooms
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, quartered and stemmed
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 6 oz egg noodles
1) Place dried porcini mushrooms in a 2-cup measuring cup and fill with 2 cups boiling water. Let mushrooms soak for 5 minutes to rehydrate.
2) Season short ribs liberally with kosher salt and pepper and divide between 2 Suvie pans.
3) Transfer porcinis to a cutting board and finely chop, reserving mushroom soaking liquid. Divide both mushrooms, red wine, garlic, and porcini soaking liquid between both pans. Place noodles in a starch pan. Insert pans into your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook Settings
Low, 6 hours
Starch: 15 minutes
4) Remove pans from your Suvie, remove short ribs, and skim any residual fat from the pans.
5) Transfer liquid to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook liquid until just beginning to thicken, about 6 minutes.
6) While the sauce reduces, shred short ribs and season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide pasta between plates and top with short ribs and reduced sauce.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 530, Total Fat 19g, Total Carbohydrates 36g, Total Sodium 420mg, Total Protein 40g