Sizzling skillets sure sound like fun, until you get oil splatter all over your shirt! Suvie’s super simple steak fajitas recipe is an easy way to get your fajita fix without having to fix your shirt. We use a pre-cut shaved beef from the grocery store (like what you would use for Philly cheesesteaks) to maximize our marinade and produce a tender steak with minimal effort, but you can always swap in a whole steak and slice it after the cook is completed. Pre-sliced peppers and onions make putting this meal together an absolute breeze. Wrap up some flour tortillas in foil and place them in the sauce warming zone for piping hot tortillas. Top it all off with a quick lime crema that adds creaminess and a little zing to this build your own adventure.
My Cook: Steak Fajitas
- 1 lb shaved beef
- 1 lb sliced peppers and onions
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 limes
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
1) In a large bowl, stir together 1 lb shaved beef, 1 tsp chipotle powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1 tsp kosher salt, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, and juice from 1 lime. Transfer to a vacuum bag and seal.
2) Place steak in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and place in the bottom zone of Suvie. Place the sliced peppers and onions in a second Suvie pan and place in the top zone of Suvie. Enter settings below and cook now or schedule
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 130°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 130°F for 1 hour
3) After cooking, remove pans from Suvie. Remove beef from packaging and place in a clean, dry Suvie pan. Toss the peppers and onions with 1 tbsp vegetable oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Return both pans to Suvie and broil for 10-15 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
4) During the broil, prepare the lime crema. Zest and juice one lime into a small bowl. Stir sour cream into the lime juice until smooth and season with salt to taste.
5) After broiling, unwrap tortillas and top with steak, peppers, onions, and a drizzle of lime crema.