Do you want delicious, creamy, cheesy alfredo sauce but shudder at the phrase “whisk constantly”? We’re rolling out our new “set it and forget it” solution to all your cream sauce dreams: Suvie alfredo! We loaded so many veggies in this dish, it’s basically a salad in disguise but we’ve sacrificed none of that classic, rich, satisfying flavor. Let’s break it down: we used a full cup of spinach, a ton of cauliflower and a boatload of asparagus. Despite all the greenery, this is pretty much adulty mac n’ cheese (that kids will love too!) so indulge and feel good about it at the same time.
Veggie Alfredo Pasta Bake
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- 8 oz ziti, rigatoni, or penne
- 4 oz asparagus, trimmed
- 4 oz cauliflower, roughly chopped
1) In a large, microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, spinach, and garlic powder. Microwave in 30-second intervals until butter is melted and spinach is defrosted. Stir in ¼ cup Parmesan and ¼ cup mozzarella cheese.
2) Slowly whisk in 1 cup milk until smooth and warm. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to a Suvie pan. Place pan into the bottom zone of Suvie.
3) Pour 1/3 cup water into a second Suvie pan and then set a roasting rack into the pan. Place asparagus and cauliflower onto the rack. Load pan into top zone of Suvie. Enter settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 175°F for 30 min
Top Zone: Steam for 20 minutes
4) Place 8 oz pasta in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles). Cover pot with lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Pasta, 4 cups, 10 minutes
5) After the cook, remove all pans from Suvie. In a large bowl, stir together pasta and alfredo sauce. Chop asparagus into half-inch pieces. Add cauliflower and asparagus to the bowl and mix until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6) Pour veggie alfredo back into a Suvie pan. Mix together the remaining ½ cup mozzarella and ¼ cup Parmesan. Sprinkle the cheese mixture evenly over the pasta.
7) Return mixture to Suvie and broil for 6-8 minutes until cheese is brown and bubbling, watching closely to avoid burning.
8) Divide between four plates. Enjoy!