These nutrient-dense bars are not only a delicious way to kickstart your day, but also make a great snack no matter the time. A mix of nuts, oats, dates, coconut oil, and a little vanilla give these bars a chewy texture and salty sweet flavor. Using a mix of nuts adds more flavor to these bars than sticking with only one type. We think almond butter is slightly more neutral than peanut butter in this recipe, but you can substitute with other nut butters if desired.
Nutty Oat Bars
- 1 cup mixed unsalted nuts, toasted
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats, divided
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup dates, roughly chopped
- ½ cup unsalted almond butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
1) Combine nuts and ½ cup old-fashioned oats in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse 10-12 times until finely ground.
2) Add coconut oil, chopped dates, almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt to food processor. Pulse 10-12 times until well combined. Stir in remaining oats.
3) Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray, line with parchment, and mist again with cooking spray. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 2 hours
4) Remove pan from Suvie and allow to cool 10 minutes. Using parchment to assist you, lift bars out of the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into pieces and serve.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on High for 2 hours.
Nutritional Information per serving (12 servings per recipe): Calories 240, Total Fat 14g, Total Carbohydrates 26g, Total Sodium 100mg, Total Protein 7g