Perfectly ripe peaches are the star in this delicious cobbler. Sweet and juicy peach slices are topped with buttery buttermilk biscuits and baked until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is crisp. Serve with an ample scoop of vanilla-bean ice cream for the perfect summer dessert.
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp tapioca starch
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 20 oz peach slices
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, chilled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- ⅓ cup buttermilk, chilled
1) In a large bowl, whisk together ¾ cup sugar, 3 tbsp tapioca starch, ⅛ tsp salt, ¼ tsp cinnamon, and ⅛ tsp baking soda. Add 20 oz peaches, and stir to combine. Transfer to a Suvie pan.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together ¾ cup flour, ½ tsp baking powder, 2 tsp sugar, and ¼ tsp salt until combined. Add 6 tbsp chilled butter, tossing to coat. Work butter into flour with your fingers until pea-sized. Stir in ⅓ cup chilled buttermilk until no dry flour remains.
3) Drop large, tablespoon sized dollops of dough over the peaches. Insert pan into the bottom of your Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 330°F for 45 minutes (for Suvie 2.0, Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes)
Top Zone: None
4) After the cook, remove cobbler from Suvie, transfer to a cooling rack, and cool for 45 minutes. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 380, Total Fat 18g, Total Carbohydrates 54g, Total Sodium 620mg, Total Protein 5g.