While there’s actually no coffee in this cake, it’s the perfect breakfast or dessert treat alongside a fresh cup of coffee. We’ve adapted our incredibly light and fluffy Confetti Cake recipe to whip up this ripe peach and brown sugar crumb coffee cake. Dream up a beautiful sweet and salty brunch spread by baking our peach coffee cake and Cheddar Bacon and Chive Scones in your Suvie at the same time.
Peach Coffee Cake
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup cake flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled and cut into 8 slices each
1) In a large bowl, add 3 tbsp butter, ½ cup all purpose flour, ⅓ cup brown sugar, ½ tbsp cinnamon, ⅛ tsp nutmeg, and ⅛ tsp kosher salt. Gently mix butter into dry ingredients with a fork until flaky and fully combined.
2) Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray and line with parchment. In the bowl of a stand mixer whisk together 1 cup cake flour, ½ cup granulated sugar, ½ tsp cinnamon, ⅛ tsp nutmeg, 1 tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp kosher salt, and ⅛ tsp baking soda until combined, about 30 seconds.
3) Add 4 tbsp butter, ¼ cup buttermilk, and 1 tbsp vegetable oil to the flour mixture. Fit mixer with paddle attachment. Mix on low to incorporate and then increase speed to medium-high and beat until smooth, about 1 minute, scraping down the bowl as needed.
4) Reduce mixer speed to medium and add 2 large eggs and ½ tsp vanilla extract to the mixture, beat until light and thick, about 2 minutes.
5) Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Pour batter into pan, spreading mixture into the corners and edges with a spatula, and top with peach slices. Insert the pan into the bottom zone of your Suvie, input settings, and cook now. When there are 20 minutes left, sprinkle topping over the cake.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 300°F for 1 hour (for Suvie 2.0, Bake at 350°F for 1 hour)
Top Zone: None
6) After cooking, remove pan from Suvie and let cake cool completely in the pan. Remove from pan and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (8 servings per recipe): Calories 305, Total Fat 13g, Total Carbohydrates 42.7g, Total Sodium 93.6mg, Total Protein 4.6g