For a celebration, what’s better than a classic confetti cake? Fluffy layers of ethereal white cake are studded with a kaleidoscope of color and topped with swirls of whipped frosting before being showered with rainbow sprinkles. We add a touch of cream cheese to our frosting to add a subtle tang that balances out the sweetness of the cake.
- 1 ¾ cups cake flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp rainbow sprinkles, plus extra for decorating
- 1 ½ sticks (12 tbsp) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 pinch salt
1) Spray two Suvie pans with cooking spray and line with parchment. In the bowl of a stand mixer whisk together 1 ¾ cups cake flour, ¾ cup granulated sugar, 1 ½ tsp baking powder, ½ tsp kosher salt, and ¼ tsp baking soda until combined, about 30 seconds.
2) Add 8 tbsp softened butter, ½ cup buttermilk, and 2 tbsp vegetable oil to the flour mixture. Fit mixer with paddle attachment. Mix on low to incorporate and then increase speed to medium-high and beat until smooth, about 1 minute, scraping down the bowl as needed.
3) In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 large egg, 2 egg whites, and 1 tsp vanilla extract until smooth. Reduce mixer speed to medium and add the egg mixture, beat until light and thick, about 2 minutes.
4) Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and gently fold in 3 tbsp rainbow sprinkles. Divide batter between prepared pans, cover with foil, and place in Suvie. Input settings and cook now, rotating pans halfway through.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 300°F for 40 minutes (For Suvie 2.0, Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes)
Top Zone: Bake at 300°F for 40 minutes (For Suvie 2.0, Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes)
5) While the cake bakes, prepare the frosting. In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat together 12 tbsp butter and 4 oz cream cheese on medium speed until creamy and light, about 1-2 minutes. Stop mixer and add 1 ½ cups powdered sugar. Increase speed to medium-high and beat until smooth, about 1-2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
6) After the cakes have baked, remove foil and allow to cool completely in their pans. Once cool, remove from pans with parchment slings. Arrange one cake upside down and top with one third of the frosting. Place the second cake on top of the first, upside down. Top with remaining frosting and sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles before serving
Nutritional Information per serving (8 servings per recipe): Calories 420, Total Fat 16g, Total Carbohydrates 64g, Total Sodium 300mg, Total Protein 6g.