Ponzu is a citrus and soy-based Japanese sauce. It’s a complex and tangy dressing that’s great for vegetables, chicken, and especially fish. The sauce’s tartness contrasts beautifully with the fattiness of the salmon. A simple side of sesame-flavored peppers and onions served over a bed of fluffy white rice make this dish an easy weeknight dinner that can be thrown together at a moment’s notice.
- 1 lb skinless salmon fillet, cut into portions and vacuum sealed
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- ½ cup ponzu sauce, divided
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
1) Place vacuum-sealed salmon fillets in a Suvie pan and place in the bottom zone of Suvie. Fill pan with enough water to cover the salmon completely. Add sliced peppers and onions to a second Suvie pan and insert in the top zone of Suvie. Input settings below.
2) Place 1 cup jasmine rice and 1/2 tsp salt to the Suvie Rice pot. Insert into your Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings for long grain rice, fill reservoir, and schedule or cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 125˚F for 30 minutes
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 125°F for 30 minutes
3) After the cook, remove all pans from Suvie and drain water from the salmon. Open vacuum bags and remove salmon, patting dry and discarding excess liquid. Return the salmon to the Suvie pan and cover with ¼ cup ponzu sauce; return to Suvie. Add 1 tbsp sesame oil and 1 tbsp sesame seeds to the peppers and onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste and return to top zone of Suvie. Broil vegetables for 15 minutes and salmon for 6 minutes.
4) While the salmon broils, fluff the rice with a fork and adjust seasoning to taste. After the broil, divide the rice between plates and top with the peppers, onions, and salmon fillets. Drizzle more ponzu sauce on top of the salmon and garnish with the sliced scallions.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 570, Total Fat 21g, Total Carbohydrates 60g, Total Sodium 3850mg, Total Protein 27g