With a few simple changes, we’ve transformed our Easy Cheese Danish with Honey Lemon Glaze into a pumpkin pie dream! This gorgeous brunch essential comes together rather quickly with a little help from your kitchen ruler and boasts bakery level precision and beauty. Be sure to let your danish cool completely before slicing for clean cuts and less squishing.
Pumpkin Pie Danish
- 1 (8 oz) puff pastry sheet, defrosted
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup pumpkin pie filling
- 1 egg, beaten
1) In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment combine 8 oz cream cheese, ¼ cup granulated sugar, 18/ tsp kosher salt, and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until well combined, about 5 minutes.
2) Cut a piece of parchment into a 9×12″ rectangle. Lay defrosted puff pastry onto parchment. Spread the cream cheese mixture lengthwise over the middle of the dough in a 3-inch wide band. Top cream cheese mixture with ½ cup pumpkin pie filling.
3) Using a sharp knife or scissors, cut ½-inch wide strips at an angle into both sides of the dough. Alternate pulling strips of dough from each side over the filling to form a braid.
4) Using the parchment as a sling, carefully transfer the danish to a Suvie pan. In a small bowl, combine 1 egg and 2 tbsp water, and brush the mixture over the danish. Insert pan into the top of your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule. Check your danish after 40 minutes and cover with foil if needed to prevent excessive browning.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 375°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: Bake at 375°F for 1 hour
5) After the cook, remove the pan from Suvie and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Cut into slices and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 337, Total Fat 24.2g, Total Carbohydrates 22.9g, Total Sodium 311.9mg, Total Protein 5.9g