We updated our Raspberry Cheese Danish recipe to feature Suvie’s bake mode and to introduce a new glaze: our sweet honey lemon drizzle. This recipe lets the sweet simplicity of the cheese filling truly shine, but you could always add a quarter cup of jelly or jam if you’d like (apricot preserves would be especially delicious). This danish is a decadent treat any time of day, whether you serve it with a piping hot cup of coffee in the morning or a mug of tea in the afternoon.
Easy Cheese Danish with Honey Lemon Glaze
- 1 (8 oz) puff pastry sheet, defrosted
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- ½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
1) In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine 8 oz cream cheese, ¼ cup granulated sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract. Beat on medium speed until well combined, about 5 minutes.
2) Cut a piece of parchment into a 9 ½ x12″ rectangle. Lay defrosted puff pastry onto parchment. Spread cream cheese mixture lengthwise down the middle of the dough in a 3-inch wide band.
3) Using a sharp knife or scissors, cut ½-inch wide strips at an angle into both sides of the dough. Alternate pulling strips of dough from each side over the filling to form a braid.
4) Using the parchment as a sling, carefully transfer danish to a Suvie pan. Insert pan into the top of your Suvie, input settings, and cook until golden brown. Check your danish after 40 minutes and cover with foil if needed to prevent excessive browning.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 375°F for 60 minutes
Top Zone: Bake at 375°F for 60 minutes
5) After the cook, remove pan from Suvie and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Mix ½ tsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp honey together in a small bowl. Drizzle or brush glaze over danish. Cut into slices and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 580, Total Fat 41g, Total Carbohydrates 46g, Total Sodium 610mg, Total Protein 8g.