We love roast beef sandwiches slathered with horseradish sauce and stuffed between caraway rolls so much that we decided to adapt the classic sandwich into a quick and easy dish for Suvie. Slices of roast beef and provolone are wrapped into pizza dough, baked, and then finished with a simple horseradish sauce. Serve these rolls for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Roast Beef and Horseradish Rolls
- 1 lb pizza dough
- ¼ lb deli roast beef slices
- ¼ lb slices provolone cheese
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
1) Grease a Suvie pan and line it with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface, roll the pizza dough out to make a 9″x14″ rectangle.
2) Arrange 8 slices of provolone cheese over the dough and top with 6 slices of roast beef followed by 4 slices of provolone cheese.
3) Starting with the long side of the dough, gently roll the dough to the opposite edge, ensuring the filling stays in place. Slice the log into 8 individual rolls and place the rolls in the prepared pan. Cover pan with foil and load into the bottom of your Suvie, input settings, and cook now. When there are 15 minutes left, remove foil, and continue to cook until browned.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 400°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: None
5) While the rolls bake, prepare the horseradish sauce. In a small bowl, stir together 2 tbsp sour cream, 2 tbsp prepared horseradish, ¼ tsp salt, and ½ tsp caraway seeds.
4) After the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie, and brush the horseradish mixture over the rolls. To serve, divide the rolls between plates.
Nutritional Information per serving (8 servings per recipe): Calories 270, Total Fat 7g, Total Carbohydrates 40g, Total Sodium 500mg, Total Protein 14g.