Delicata squash is a beautiful autumn side dish that is easy to prepare. Unlike most squash, the skin of a delicata can be left on and roasted. These tender slices of squash cook until their natural sugars caramelize, giving the finished dish a pleasant sweetness which pairs well with the tangy cheese and salty sunflower seeds. Add a tablespoon of freshly minced herbs for vibrancy, color, and an additional layer of flavor if desired.
Roast Delicata Squash
- 2 delicata squash, halved lengthwise and seeds removed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp roasted salted sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
1) Arrange squash cut-side down on a cutting board and slice into ½” wide half moons. Transfer squash to a large bowl with 2 tsp olive oil, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper, and toss to coat.
2) Divide squash between two Suvie pans, insert into Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 40 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 40 minutes
3) After the cook, transfer squash to a serving platter, scatter sunflower seeds and crumbled feta over the squash and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 150, Total Fat 7g, Total Carbohydrates 21g, Total Sodium 380mg, Total Protein 6g.