This stunning and elegant salad is the perfect treat yourself meal. Tender pieces of lobster meat are cooked, sous vide, with a compound butter made with rosé wine and chopped chives. Compound butters, a fancy culinary term for butter that has been infused with tasty ingredients, are a great way to flavor all proteins. Feel free to make this butter as directed in the instructions, or blend it together in your food processor. The salad base is a mixture of baby gem lettuce leaves topped with cucumber, avocado, and fresh basil with a simple dressing of fresh lemon juice and olive oil.
Rosé Butter Lobster with Cucumber Avocado Salad
- 4 tbsp (¼ cup) salted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp rosé wine
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 6 oz cooked lobster meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2-3 heads of baby gem lettuces, trimmed and separated
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, and cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1) Place softened butter, wine, and chives in a medium bowl and, using a fork, mash and whisk to combine.
2) Place lobster meat and butter in a vacuum seal bag. Vacuum seal lobster using a vacuum sealer or with our DIY vacuum sealing guide. Place sealed lobster in a Suvie pan and place in the top right zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 130°F, 30 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
Vegetable: 0 minutes
3) After the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie. Drain excess water from the pan, remove lobster from the vacuum-sealed bag, and divide liquid from inside the bag between two small bowls (for dipping the lobster).
4) Divide gem lettuces, cucumber, avocado, and lobster meat between 2 plates and sprinkle with chopped basil. Squeeze lemon juice over the salad and drizzle with olive oil, season the salad to taste with salt and pepper. Serve salads with butter dipping sauce on the side.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 646, Total Fat 57g, Total Carbohydrates 13g, Total Sodium 588mg, Total Protein 19g.