Building off our original stuffed shells recipe, we’ve crafted this fall variation showcasing a fresh sage and ricotta filling topped with a decadent pumpkin cream sauce. These shells are great for a cozy night in at home or even for a family potluck when you want to show off your kitchen skills. While the ingredient list makes enough to fill one Suvie pan, this is a great recipe to double and freeze for later.
Note: If you would like to schedule this meal, but do not want to wait for the broiler to cool before refrigerating, cook shallot and garlic with 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium skillet over medium low heat about 5-7 minutes, until tender, instead of broiling in Step 1.
Sage Stuffed Shells with Pumpkin Cream Sauce
- 8 oz jumbo pasta shells, uncooked
- 16 oz whole milk ricotta
- 4 oz grated parmesan, plus extra for garnish
- ½ cup fresh sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp finely chopped shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp honey
1) Stir shallots, garlic, and 1 tbsp olive oil together in a Suvie pan. Insert pan into the top of your Suvie and broil 10 minutes, until shallots are tender. Transfer mix to a medium bowl. Stir pumpkin puree, heavy cream, honey, and 1 tsp salt into onion and garlic mix.
2) In a medium bowl, mix ricotta, parmesan, sage, egg, and 1 tsp salt. Fill each shell with approximately 2 tbsp of mix. Spread ½ cup pumpkin sauce evenly over bottom of Suvie pan.
Place shells seam-side down in Suvie pan and cover with remaining pumpkin sauce. Load into your Suvie.
3) Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low for 1 hour 30 minutes
4) After the cook, remove pasta from Suvie.
5) To serve, divide pasta between plates. Garnish with additional shredded parmesan.
Alternative Cooking Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook shallot and garlic with 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium skillet over medium low heat about 5-7 minutes, until tender. With a spatula, stir pumpkin puree, heavy cream, honey, and 1 tsp salt together in a medium bowl. Stir in onion and garlic mix.
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta, parmesan, sage, egg, and 1 tsp salt with a spatula. Fill each shell with approximately 2 tbsp of mix. Spread ½ cup pumpkin sauce evenly on bottom of 9×9 in baking dish. Place shells open side down in dish and cover with remaining pumpkin sauce. Bake 35-45 minutes until shells are soft.
- To serve, divide pasta between plates. Garnish with additional shredded parmesan.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on Low for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 652, Total Fat 35g, Total Carbohydrates 57g, Total Sodium 671mg, Total Protein 31g