Building off our original stuffed shells recipe, we’ve crafted this fall variation showcasing a fresh sage and ricotta filling topped with a decadent pumpkin cream sauce. These shells are great for a cozy night in at home or even for a family potluck when you want to show off your kitchen skills. While the ingredient list makes enough to fill one Suvie pan, this is a great recipe to double and freeze for later.
Note: If you would like to schedule this meal, but do not want to wait for the broiler to cool before refrigerating, cook shallot and garlic with 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium skillet over medium low heat about 5-7 minutes, until tender, instead of broiling in Step 1.
Sage Stuffed Shells with Pumpkin Cream Sauce
- 8 oz jumbo pasta shells, uncooked
- 16 oz whole milk ricotta
- 4 oz grated parmesan, plus extra for garnish
- ½ cup fresh sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp finely chopped shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp honey
1) Stir shallots, garlic, and 1 tbsp olive oil together in a Suvie pan. Insert pan into the top of your Suvie and broil 10 minutes, until shallots are tender. Transfer mix to a medium bowl. Stir pumpkin puree, heavy cream, honey, and 1 tsp salt into onion and garlic mix.
2) In a medium bowl, mix ricotta, parmesan, sage, egg, and 1 tsp salt. Fill each shell with approximately 2 tbsp of mix. Spread ½ cup pumpkin sauce evenly over bottom of Suvie pan.
Place shells seam-side down in Suvie pan and cover with remaining pumpkin sauce. Load into upper right cooking zone.
3) Fill reservoir, enter cook settings and set to Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook Settings
Low, 1 hour 30 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
4) After the cook, remove pasta from Suvie.
5) To serve, divide pasta between plates. Garnish with additional shredded parmesan.
Alternative Cooking Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook shallot and garlic with 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium skillet over medium low heat about 5-7 minutes, until tender. With a spatula, stir pumpkin puree, heavy cream, honey, and 1 tsp salt together in a medium bowl. Stir in onion and garlic mix.
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta, parmesan, sage, egg, and 1 tsp salt with a spatula. Fill each shell with approximately 2 tbsp of mix. Spread ½ cup pumpkin sauce evenly on bottom of 9×9 in baking dish. Place shells open side down in dish and cover with remaining pumpkin sauce. Bake 35-45 minutes until shells are soft.
- To serve, divide pasta between plates. Garnish with additional shredded parmesan.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 652, Total Fat 35g, Total Carbohydrates 57g, Total Sodium 671mg, Total Protein 31g