What better way to eat salad than on a warm, crispy flatbread, glistening with garlic oil? This recipe utilizes Suvie’s powerful broilers to deliver a golden flatbread crust perfect for topping with all your favorite ingredients. In our case, those ingredients include crisp greens, savory prosciutto, salty parmesan cheese, tangy red wine vinegar, and fresh green scallions. The flatbread base can be made a few hours in advance and then topped with the salad just before serving. We recommend eating this immediately after assembling to keep the crust from getting too soft.
- 1 lb store bought pizza dough, divided
- 3 tbsp olive oil, separated
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 cups bibb lettuce
- 2 oz thinly sliced prosciutto, torn into pieces
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ cup shaved parmesan cheese
1) Allow pizza dough to sit out at room temperature, covered, for 15-30 minutes to soften. Spray 2 Suvie pans with cooking spray. Press and stretch each piece of dough into a rough 10″ x 6” rectangle. Place dough into prepared Suvie pans, pressing and stretching the dough into the corners of the pans.
3) Insert pans into the top of your Suvie and broil for 10 minutes, rotating pans halfway through until the dough is very dark and crisp.
4) Remove pans from your Suvie and carefully flip dough over with a spatula. Return pans to your Suvie and broil 7-10 minutes until browned.
5) In a small bowl, combine garlic and 2 tbsp olive oil. Remove pans from your Suvie and drizzle 1 tbsp garlic oil over each pizza. Return pans to your Suvie and broil until garlic is fragrant, about 2-5 minutes (watch closely as this step goes fast!).
6) Meanwhile, whisk remaining 1 tbsp olive oil and red wine vinegar in a large bowl. Add arugula and bibb lettuce, tossing to coat. Season with kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste.
7) Remove dough from your Suvie and transfer to a cutting board. Top each flatbread with mixed greens, prosciutto, scallions, and shaved parmesan. Cut into slices and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 570, Total Fat 19g, Total Carbohydrates 82g, Total Sodium 1360mg, Total Protein 22g