This healthy salmon and farro salad not only provides you with plenty of nutrients but it’s full of flavor. The radicchio lends the dish a bitter, spicy taste that’s balanced by nutty farro and sweet asparagus. This recipe is perfect for a weeknight as everything can be thrown together quickly and filling enough to satisfy a monstrous appetite after a workout or a long day on the job. We recommend the dressing in this recipe as its light and lemony but any vinaigrette you have on hand will do the trick.
Salmon and Farro Salad
- 4 skinless salmon filets, skinless (4-6 oz each)
- 8 oz asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2″ lengths
- 1 cup farro
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cups radicchio, torn or shredded
- 4 cups arugula
1) Season salmon filets with salt and pepper. Place salmon in a vacuum safe bag and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Place bag in a Suvie pan and cover completely with water. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie.
2) Place asparagus in another Suvie pan and load into the top zone of Suvie. Enter settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 125°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: : Sous Vide at 125°F for 1 hour
3) Place 1 cup farro in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie Pasta Pot. Cover the pot with a lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Grains, Farro, 1 Cup
4) Meanwhile, prepare the salad dressing. Whisk together 2 minced garlic cloves, 2 tsp red wine vinegar, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp honey, ¼ cup oil and 1 tsp salt until combined.
5) After the cook, remove the asparagus, salmon and farro from Suvie. Drain water from salmon pan and bag and pat salmon dry. Drain any excess water from the asparagus pan and pat asparagus dry. Drizzle asparagus with 2 tsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Return to Suvie. Broil for 10-12 minutes or until softened.
6) In a large bowl toss the asparagus, farro, radicchio, and arugula with the salad dressing. Divide the salad between plates and top each with a piece of salmon.