This easy breezy dinner is packed with fresh and vibrant flavors, perfect for when citrus is in season. We used millet in this recipe because it’s light and fluffy and readily absorbs the bright flavors of the dressing, but you could substitute quinoa or bulgur if you prefer. You can also double this recipe to make 4 servings instead of 2.
Salmon with Citrus and Avocado Salad
- 2 (5 oz) skinless salmon filets
- ½ cup millet, rinsed
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced or grated
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into wedges
- ½ grapefruit, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 sprigs fresh mint, torn
1) Pat 2 salmon fillets dry, season lightly with salt, and vacuum seal. Place the salmon in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and place in the bottom zone of Suvie. Enter cook settings below and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 125°F for 30 minutes
Top Zone: None
2) Transfer rinsed millet to a Suvie rice pot (black handles) and place in the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Enter settings and set to cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Grains, Millet, ½ cup
3) While the salmon and millet cook, prepare the dressing. In a large bowl, whisk together 2 tsp red wine vinegar, 3 tbsp olive oil, and 1 finely chopped shallot until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
4) After the cook, remove salmon from packaging and pat dry. Fluff millet with a fork and season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide millet and arugula between two plates and place salmon filets on top of millet.
5) Drizzle 1 tbsp dressing over each plate. Add orange, grapefruit, and avocado to the bowl with the remaining dressing, stirring gently to coat. Divide citrus salad between plates and garnish with mint.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 830, Total Fat 53g, Total Carbohydrates 55g, Total Sodium 670mg, Total Protein 37g.