This comforting meal is an easy and delicious weeknight dinner that hits all the right notes. Juicy rich sausages are packed with flavor whether you choose hot or sweet, cheesy rice provides the perfect base, and a medley of vegetables adds color and texture. Swap in other vegetables as you see fit, just be sure to slice them thinly so that they cook evenly.
Sausage and Veggie Roast with Cheddar Rice
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 4 large Italian sausages, sweet or hot
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small bunch broccoli rabe
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese
1) Place 1 cup long grain rice in the Suvie rice pot (black handles). Cover pot with lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Rice, Long Grain, 1 cup
2) Place 4 Italian sausages in a Suvie pan. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie.
3) Combine 1 small red onion, 1 red bell pepper, 1 bunch broccoli rabe, 1 tbsp vegetable oil, ½ tsp kosher salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper in a second Suvie pan. Place pan in the top zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 25 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 20 minutes
4) Remove rice from Suvie Starch Cooker and fluff with a fork. Stir 1 cup cheddar cheese into the rice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5) Transfer sausage to a cutting board and slice into rounds. Divide rice, sausages, and vegetables evenly between 4 plates. Garnish with 1 oz Parmesan cheese and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 760, Total Fat 51g, Total Carbohydrates 59g, Total Sodium 1430mg, Total Protein 30g.