This delectable breakfast dish takes only 10 minutes to prepare and less than an hour to cook. Creamy, cheesy, and savory, this dish is perfect with a generous amount of tangy hot sauce. Tuck these tender eggy squares between toasted, buttered english muffins if you’re on the run, or enjoy as is. This recipe can easily be doubled and split between two Suvie pans. You can also use pre-cooked sausage, simply skip Step 1 and proceed with the recipe as directed.
Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Bake
- 8 oz uncooked breakfast sausage, chopped or crumbled
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup full fat cottage cheese, small curd
- 8 oz monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp chopped chives or scallions, to serve
1) Evenly distribute 8 oz breakfast sausage in a greased Suvie pan, place in bottom zone of Suvie, and broil for 10 minutes, or until browned and fragrant.
2) While the sausage cooks, whisk together 1 tsp baking powder, 2 tbsp all-purpose flour, ½ tsp ground black pepper until combined. Add 8 large eggs, 1 cup full fat cottage cheese, and 8 oz shredded monterey jack cheese, stirring to combine.
3) Remove pan with sausage from Suvie and use a fork or spatula to break sausage up into smaller pieces. Pour in egg mixture, stirring to incorporate sausage. Place pan in bottom zone of Suvie, input settings, and cook now. Rotate pan halfway through cooking.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes
Top Zone: Bake at 350°F for 0 minutes
4) After the cook, remove eggs from Suvie and cut into squares. Garnish with scallions or chives, divide between plates and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (8 servings per recipe): Calories 260, Total Fat 17g, Total Carbohydrates 6g, Total Sodium 680mg, Total Protein 22g.