Suvie’s Sweet Italian Sausages are so delicious that we often end up cooking more than we need for a given recipe so that we can have leftovers. These savory sausages are filled with herbs and spices so that once they are spread over pizza, they pack a punch of flavor in every bite. This recipe can easily be doubled to feed more people. Top your second pizza with sausage or try our recipe for Pesto Spinach Flatbread or go fully green with our recipe for Salad Flatbread. Want to make your own pizza dough? Find our recipe here.
- ½ lb ball of pizza dough, store-bought or homemade
- ¼ cup marinara sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 link Italian sausage, cooked and sliced
- 1 small bunch of basil
1) Mist pizza dough lightly with cooking spray or rub with olive oil. Let dough sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes, covered.
2) Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray. Press and stretch dough into a rough rectangle and place in prepared pan. Press and stretch the dough into the corners and edges of the pans as best you can. If dough snaps back or is too difficult to work with, let dough sit for another 15 minutes; the warmer the dough the more pliant it will be.
3) Insert pan into the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now. After 15 minutes, carefully flip dough over, return pan to Suvie and continue to cook for 10 more minutes, watching closely to avoid over charring.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 450°F for 25 minutes (for Suvie 2.0, Broil for 25 minutes)
Top Zone: None
4) Remove pan from your Suvie and spread marinara sauce over the top of dough, leaving an uncovered ½” margin around each edge. Sprinkle mozzarella evenly over the top of the pizza and top with sausage.
5) Return pan to Suvie and broil for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted and browned.
6) Remove pan from Suvie and pizza from pan, and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into pieces and sprinkle each pizza with basil.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 620, Total Fat 19g, Total Carbohydrates 85g, Total Sodium 1940mg, Total Protein 28g