To feel like you’re at the ballpark, when you’re actually just at home watching the game from your couch, try our sausage rolls packed with peppers and onions. Steaming the vegetables and then broiling them ensures they are soft, yet flavorful. Suvie’s own Italian sausages are already vacuum sealed and ready to cook to save you time so you can focus on the game.
Sausage Rolls with Peppers and Onions
- 1 (6.4 oz) package vacuum sealed sausage
- ½ large red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- ½ medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 sub rolls or large hotdog buns
- 2 tsp yellow mustard, to serve
1) Place sausage in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie.
2) Place peppers and onions in a separate Suvie pan and insert into the top left zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 150°F for 1 hour
Vegetable: 20 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
3) After the cook, remove sausages from your Suvie and transfer to a clean, dry Suvie pan. Drizzle onions and peppers with vegetable oil. Broil both pans for 10 minutes, stirring peppers and onions halfway through. Transfer sausage to a cutting board, slice in half lengthwise, and then divide between hotdog buns with peppers and onions. Top with mustard and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 390, Total Fat 14g, Total Carbohydrates 22g, Total Sodium 1030mg, Total Protein 9g