To feel like you’re at the ballpark, when you’re actually just at home watching the game from your couch, try our sausage rolls packed with peppers and onions. Steaming the vegetables and then broiling them ensures they are soft, yet flavorful. Try Suvie’s own Italian sausages or chicken sausages.
Sausage Rolls with Peppers and Onions
- 2 sausages, vacuum-sealed
- ½ large red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- ½ medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 sub rolls or large hotdog buns
- 2 tsp yellow mustard, to serve
1) Place 2 vacuum-sealed sausages in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and place in the bottom zone of Suvie.
2) Place peppers and onions in a separate Suvie pan with 1/4 cup water. Place pan in the top zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 150°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: Steam for 20 minutes
3) After the cook, remove sausages from your Suvie and transfer to a clean, dry Suvie pan. Pour off water from pan with onions and peppers. Drizzle vegetables with 2 tsp vegetable oil.
4) Return pans to Suvie. Broil both pans for 12 minutes, stirring peppers and onions halfway through. Transfer sausage to a cutting board, slice in half lengthwise, and then divide between hotdog buns with peppers and onions. Top with mustard and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 390, Total Fat 14g, Total Carbohydrates 22g, Total Sodium 1030mg, Total Protein 9g