For a decadent, yet simple sandwich try our short rib sandwich recipe with braised onions and melty cheddar. The long slow cook breaks down the meat so it’s meltingly tender. We finish the onions with a generous amount of red wine vinegar to cut through the richness of the meat and cheese. If you want, feel free to serve the braising liquid on the side and serve your sandwich French Dip style.
Short Rib Sandwiches with Cheddar and Braised Onions
- 24 oz boneless beef short ribs
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 8 slices of bread
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
1) Pat beef ribs dry and season all over with salt and pepper. Arrange onion slices over the bottom of a Suvie pan. Place short ribs on top of the onions followed by the beef broth.
2) Fill reservoir, input settings, and Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook Settings
High, 5 hours
Starch, 0 minutes
3) Once the short ribs have finished cooking, remove the pans from your Suvie. Transfer beef to a plate and shred. Transfer onions to a medium bowl with the red wine vinegar.
4) Arrange bread in a clean, dry Suvie pan. Top each piece of bread with shredded short rib and then top with a slice of cheese. Broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
5) Remove bread from your Suvie and top with slices of onion. Top with remaining slices of bread and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 890, Total Fat 70g, Total Carbohydrates 28g, Total Sodium 920mg, Total Protein 37g