Take advantage of premade alfredo sauce with this quick and delicious meal. Just add shrimp, pasta, lemon zest, and a little parsley to complete the dish. Lemon zest adds a bit of vibrancy to packaged alfredo Sauce and we think that citrus and shellfish always work well together. This recipe can easily be adapted for chicken alfredo by replacing the shrimp with vacuum-sealed chicken breasts. You can easily double this recipe to serve 4 people.
- 8 oz shrimp, vacuum sealed
- 4 oz fettuccine, broken in half
- ½ cup alfredo sauce
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp minced fresh parsley
1) Place shrimp in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and place in the bottom zone of Suvie. Pour alfredo sauce into a second Suvie pan, and place in the top zone. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 130°F for 30 minutes
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 130°F for 30 minutes
2) Place 4 oz fettuccine in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles). Cover pot with lid and place inside in the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Pasta, 3 cups, 10 minutes
3) After the cook, transfer fettuccine to a large bowl, separating any strands that may have stuck together. Pour alfredo over the fettuccine and stir to incorporate (add a splash of water from the starch pot to thin if necessary).
4) Remove shrimp from packaging, pat dry, and add to bowl with fettuccine with lemon zest. Stir to incorporate and season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide between bowls, garnish with parsley, and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 540, Total Fat 23g, Total Carbohydrates 49g, Total Sodium 1570mg, Total Protein 39g
Is this recipe for the first edition suvie? I tried this with the starch cooker and the noodles were undercooked and the instructions recommend using short grain pasta.
Hi Marcus, yes this recipe is written for 1.0. We will be updating most of our 1.0 recipes to be compatible with 2.0 and the Suvie Starch Cooker in the coming months.