Why labor over stove top risotto when Suvie can slow cook it for you instead – no stirring required! Creamy, lemony risotto is the ideal match for Suvie’s wild blue shrimp. To avoid overcooking, the shrimp are added to the Suvie in the last 15 minutes of cooking and then stirred into the risotto before serving. To keep the texture of the rice silky smooth, be sure that your broth is warmed before adding it to the rice.
Note: If you would like to schedule this meal and do not want to wait for the broiler to cool before refrigeration, saute the garlic, shallot, olive oil, and ¼ tsp salt in a small skillet over medium heat until softened, about 6 minutes instead of broiling in step 1.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus 1 tsp, separated
- ¾ cup arborio rice
- 3 cups chicken or seafood broth, warmed and divided
- 8 oz shrimp
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
1) Stir garlic, shallot, olive oil, and ¼ tsp salt together in a Suvie pan.
Insert into your Suvie and broil for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through.
2) Remove pan and stir in arborio rice and 1 ½ cups warm chicken broth. Return pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 1 hour and 30 minutes
3) Fifteen minutes before the risotto is done cooking, combine shrimp and remaining 1 tsp olive oil in a Suvie pan, stirring to fully coat shrimp in oil. Season with ¼ tsp salt. Insert pan into your Suvie.
4) Once the risotto is done cooking, remove from your Suvie and slow stir in remaining 1 ½ cups warm chicken broth.
Continue stirring until risotto is creamy, about 60 seconds.
5) Stir butter and lemon zest into the risotto. Divide risotto between bowls, top with shrimp, and garnish with parsley.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on High for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 540, Total Fat 17g, Total Carbohydrates 62g, Total Sodium 860mg, Total Protein 40g