This delicious dinner comes together in a flash thanks to store bought Italian-style meatballs. The meatballs are simmered in marinara sauce to infuse them with flavor. The penne is stirred in at the end to complete this easy and flavorful weeknight dish.
Simmered Marinara Meatballs
- 4 oz penne pasta
- 2 (5 oz) packages meatballs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 cups (16 oz) marinara sauce
1) Place 4 oz penne pasta in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles). Cover pot with lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Pasta, 2 cups, 10 minutes
2) Meanwhile, in a Suvie pan, stir together garlic cloves, olive oil, and marinara sauce until combined. Add the meatballs and stir to coat in sauce. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low for 2 Hours
3) When the meatballs are done cooking, remove from Suvie. Drain penne well and transfer to a large bowl. Pour the meatballs and sauce over the penne, stirring to evenly coat.
4) Season to taste with salt and pepper and divide between bowls.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 700, Total Fat 32g, Total Carbohydrates 66g, Total Sodium1690 mg, Total Protein 31g