We love recipes that require little effort, but yield maximum results, and our slow cooked polenta with cherry tomatoes is one of those recipes. Slow cooking at a low temperature yields creamy soft polenta and makes the cherry tomatoes tender, sweet, and jammy. Grate a generous amount of Parmesan cheese over the tomatoes for a savory, umami-rich finish.
Slow Cooked Polenta with Cherry Tomatoes
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup coarsely ground polenta
- 2½ cups water
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1) Combine tomatoes, garlic cloves, olive oil, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper in a Suvie pan, stirring to coat.
2) In a second Suvie pan, whisk together polenta, water, and 1 tsp salt. Insert pans into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low for 4 hours
3) After the polenta has finished cooking, remove from your Suvie and whisk in butter (if polenta still seems too thick, whisk in up to ½ cup hot water, 1 tbsp at a time).
4) Season polenta to taste with salt and pepper and divide between two bowls. Top with cherry tomatoes and Parmesan cheese.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on Low for 4 hours.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 530, Total Fat 26g, Total Carbohydrates 65g, Total Sodium 1180mg, Total Protein 8g