These easy-peasy appetizer meatballs will be a big hit at your next soirée. A classic, saucy combination of BBQ sauce, grape jelly, and minced garlic make up the sweet and savory glaze. Feel free to use your favorite frozen meatballs or make your own from scratch, portioning your homemade meatballs into 1 oz balls. If your party is more than just an intimate gathering, feel free to double this recipe and use two pans and both of Suvie’s cooking zones.
Slow Cooker Appetizer Meatballs
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- ½ cup grape jelly
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 12 frozen meatballs, about 1 oz each
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
1) Place 1 cup BBQ sauce, ½ cup grape jelly, and 3 minced garlic cloves in a large bowl, and whisk to combine.
2) Add the frozen meatballs to the bowl and toss to coat. Transfer the meatballs, and sauce, to a Suvie pan, cover the pan with aluminum foil, and place in the top zone of your Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule. *You do not need to program your Suvie for a frozen meal.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook on Low for 2 hours
Top Zone: Slow Cook on Low for 2 hours
3) After the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie, and gently stir. Transfer the meatballs and sauce to a serving platter or bowl and garnish with ¼ cup of chopped scallions. Serve meatballs with toothpicks for easy picking.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 382, Total Fat 12g, Total Carbohydrates 57g, Total Sodium 1119mg, Total Protein 16g.