This delicious peach sauce is packed with flavor, and couldn’t be easier to make. Store bought peach jam is pepped up with fresh garlic, fragrant ginger, fiery Thai chili, and tangy apple cider vinegar and served with tender sea scallops and chewy rice noodles. Substitute a stemmed, seeded jalapeño for a less fiery sauce.
Sous Vide Scallops with Spicy Peach Sauce
- 1 lb sea scallops, patted dry
- 4 oz rice noodles
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 (½-inch) piece ginger, peeled
- 1 small Thai chili, stemmed and seeded
- ¾ cup peach jam
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 lime wedges
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves
1) Sprinkle 1 lb sea scallops with a pinch of salt, transfer to a vacuum bag, and seal. Place bag in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and place in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 130°F for 30 minutes
Top Zone: None
2) Place 4 oz rice noodles in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles). Cover the pot with a lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Pasta, 4 cups, 5 minutes
3) Meanwhile, in the bowl of a food processor combine 1 garlic clove, 1 piece ginger, and 1 Thai chile. Process until chopped, about 1 minute. Add 3/4 cup peach jam and 2 tsp apple cider vinegar to the processor and continue to blend until smooth, about 1 minute more, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Set sauce aside.
4) Once the scallops are done cooking, remove from packaging and pat dry thoroughly. Heat 2 tsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the scallops and sear on both side until browned, about 30 seconds each.
5) Rinse rice noodles with cold water and drain thoroughly. Spoon peach sauce over the bottom of two plates. Top each serving with rice noodles and finish with scallops. Garnish with cilantro and a squeeze of lime just before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 700, Total Fat 6g, Total Carbohydrates 130g, Total Sodium 1230mg, Total Protein 32g.