This bright, citrusy entree-sized salad only takes 15 minutes to make for when you need dinner on the table fast. We season the shrimp with chili powder for a pop of smoky flavor and pair them with sweet corn kernels, juicy cherry tomatoes, rich avocado slices, tangy queso fresco, and tender black beans. Use any variety of toppings you like.
Southwest Shrimp Salad
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb peeled, deveined shrimp
- 1 tsp olive oil, plus, 4 tsp, divided
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 6 cups leafy greens
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup queso fresco or feta cheese
- ½ large lime
1) Divide 1 cup corn and 1 can black beans between 2 Suvie pans. Arrange shrimp on 2 greased Suvie roasting racks, set above the corn and black bean mixture.
2) Drizzle shrimp with 1 tsp olive oil, sprinkle with ½ tsp chili powder, and ¼ tsp salt. Insert pans into Suvie. Input settings and cook now, flipping shrimp over halfway through cooking.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 12 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 12 minutes
3) While the shrimp cooks, prepare the salad. Divide 6 cups leafy greens between four plates, drizzle each serving with 1 tsp olive oil and season lightly with salt. Arrange sliced avocado, cherry tomatoes, and queso fresco over the greens and season lightly with salt.
4) Once the shrimp is done cooking, divide between plates with the black beans and corn. Finish each salad with a squeeze of lime juice just before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 440, Total Fat 17g, Total Carbohydrates 40g, Total Sodium 1150mg, Total Protein 33g.