These spiced, seared pork chops go well with a variety of side dishes, making them a versatile main course. We first sous vide the pork chops until uniformly cooked on the inside before searing them in a ripping-hot pan to develop a flavorful crust on the outside. A simple rub of cumin and chili powder adds an extra layer of flavor to these savory chops. Serve these pork chops whole with rice and beans, buttery pasta, braised kale, or sliced and tucked into soft tortillas. No matter what you serve these spicy pork chops with, we think they will be a hit.
Spiced Seared Pork Chops
- 2 (7 oz) pork chops, vacuum sealed
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
1) Place pork chops in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-zone Settings
Protein: 135°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
2) After the cook, remove pork from packaging and pat dry thoroughly. Rub pork all over with cumin and chili powder (and kosher salt if meat is not pre-seasoned).
3) Heat oil in a medium cast iron or heavy-bottomed skillet over high heat until just smoking.
4) Add chops in an even layer and sear 1-2 minutes per side until well browned. Transfer to a cutting board, slice into pieces, and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 290, Total Fat 13g, Total Carbohydrates 0g, Total Sodium 350mg, Total Protein 41g