Our version of Chicken Parmesan is made with arrabbiata for a spicy kick. Juicy chicken breasts are slow cooked in spicy arrabiata sauce, topped with melted mozzarella, and served over tender pasta. If desired, substitute arrabiata with equal amounts of marinara sauce plus ½ tsp red pepper flakes or forgo the red pepper flakes altogether for a more classic take on this Italian-American favorite.
Spicy Chicken in Marinara with Melted Mozzarella
- 2 (7 oz) chicken breasts
- 2 cups arrabiata sauce
- 4 oz pasta
- 2 oz thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
1) Season 2 chicken breasts liberally with kosher salt and black pepper. Transfer chicken to a Suvie pan with 1 cups arrabiata sauce, turning to coat. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 160°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: None
2) Place 4 oz pasta in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles). Cover pot with lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Pasta, 1 cup, 12 minutes
3) After the cook, transfer chicken to a clean, dry Suvie pan and arrange 2 oz mozzarella slices on top of the chicken.
4) Drain pasta and then stir into marinara sauce and set aside.
5) Return chicken to your Suvie and broil for 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
6) Remove all pans from your Suvie. Divide pasta between bowls, spooning extra sauce on top of pasta. Divide chicken between bowls and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 620, Total Fat 16g, Total Carbohydrates 58g, Total Sodium 1180mg, Total Protein 58g