This recipe brings together some of our favorite ingredients into one multifaceted meal. Spicy chorizo, loaded with savory, piquant flavor, is broiled with onions to serve as the base for the stew. Then tomatoes and clam juice are added. Fire roasted tomatoes contribute to the smoky notes of the chorizo and the clam juice doubles down on the briny flavors of the cod. The cod filets are nestled into the stew and poached until perfectly flaky to finish.
Spicy Cod with Chorizo and Beans
- 6 oz chorizo, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 (14 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup clam broth
- 4 (4 oz) cod filets
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
1) Stir 6 oz chopped chorizo and 1 small chopped onion in a Suvie pan. Place in the bottom zone of Suvie and broil for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally or until onion is soft and chorizo is rendered.
2) Remove pan from Suvie and stir in 1 can fire roasted tomatoes, 1 can cannellini beans, 1 tsp salt, and ½ tsp ground back pepper.
3) Season cod filets lightly with salt and pepper and nestle into the tomato, bean mixture. Return pan to Suvie, input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 25 minutes
Top Zone: None
4) Remove pan from Suvie, divide cod and stew between bowls and garnish with parsley.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 680, Total Fat 13g, Total Carbohydrates 64g, Total Sodium 1480mg, Total Protein 70g.