This springtime dish is filled with fresh flavor thanks to ample amounts of lemon and mint. If you can find fresh English peas, we recommend them for their sweetness and crisp texture, but frozen peas will also work. Be sure to pat the lamb loin chops dry thoroughly to ensure the best sear possible.
Spring Lamb Chops with English Peas
- 4 lamb loin chops
- 1 cup English peas or defrosted frozen peas
- 6 oz asparagus, cut into ½” pieces
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 small bunch mint
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1) Pat chops dry and season all over with kosher salt. Vacuum seal the chops and place in a Suvie pan. Cover chops completely with water and place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie.
2) Pour ⅓ cup water into the bottom of a second Suvie pan. Place a Suvie roasting rack into the pan (handles facing up). Pour 1 cup peas and 6 oz asparagus pieces onto the rack. Place pan in the top zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous vide at 130°F for 1 hour, 30 minutes
Top Zone: Steam for 15 minutes
3) Remove pans from Suvie. Remove lamb from packaging and pat dry thoroughly. Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large cast iron skillet or heavy bottom skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add the lamb chops and sear for 1 minute per side until browned. Transfer to a cutting board.
4) Spoon peas and asparagus into a medium bowl. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp lemon juice, and ½ tsp lemon zest. Mince mint and stir into the peas with ¼ tsp salt.
5) Divide peas and asparagus between plates with the lamb chops.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 490, Total Fat 26g, Total Carbohydrates 7g, Total Sodium 210mg, Total Protein 59g.